We've made a great video just for Agents. Kick back, relax, and
enjoy the show!
For Realtors®, SoftScreen is a very different sort of solution!
One that accommodates your specific, professional needs.
And, those of your clients. On both sides of the rental transaction.
Cost Free for Real Estate Professionals • Effortless • Versatile • Safe
A powerful, Realtor® Centric platform, providing full due diligence, by automatically delivering all three available consumer reports: Credit + Score, Criminal Background, and Eviction. Standard! For Every Client. Every Time!
We also include a Best-In-Class rental Application.
Reports are delivered securely and directly to Agents, Landlords, and even to Tenants!
And Report Distribution can be controlled by choosing Agent and/or Landlord.
One, the other, or both!
We make professional rental screening simple, manageable, and easy.
But most importantly, SoftScreen is legally compliant, safe, and secure.
Protecting Brokers, Agents, and the clients you represent on both sides of the rental transaction, with seamless FCRA compliance!
Peace of mind. It's priceless!
Click Here to register, and create your FREE Agent Account
To view our How-To Register Video, please CLICK HERE
Need assistance? Have questions? Please click on the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page.
We promise to always respond quickly!
For Listing Agents and Property Managers
By simply registering the address of a rental property, any Tenant can provide a full suite of TransUnion® Rental Screening Reports and a Best-In-Class Rental Application.
Just create your account, register the address of your rental listing, and you're good to go!
SoftScreen lets Tenants order, receive, and share their Reports
Think of it as receiving an email that's also been cc'd to others!
It's the very same information, secure, certified, and reliable, sent directly to multiple recipients at the same time.
For Agents Representing the Tenant - We've got you covered too!
Hands Down, SoftScreen is the BEST possible option for Tenants and their Agents!
- Tenants can order and receive their Reports AT ANY TIME!
- This can be done with or without an invitation.
- Tenants can securely and privately share, as well as print or download Reports as they see fit.
- You can invite your client to apply for any registered address.
- Tenants can apply for ANY property registered in SoftScreen with or without an invitation.
- You can even enter an address not yet registered, inviting Listing Agents or Property Owners to receive your client's Reports!
- Reports are a Soft Hit that won't impact your client's score
- Reports can be used again and again, at ZERO additional cost, making multiple rental applications a snap!
- SoftScreen also includes our Best-In-Class Rental Application, eliminating the need for paperwork
- Advocating what's best for your clients has never been easier!
We could on and on and on, but we won't!
So, if you would like more of the details that make SoftScreen so great,
Here you go
For a detailed list of our standard report features, please see our FAQs available by CLICKING HERE
We know there are a lot of questions
For Professional Real Estate Agents, the prospect of conducting a rental transaction can be daunting.
Much of the concern stems from issues that swirl around the proper distribution and handling of the Tenant's consumer reports.
Credit, criminal, even eviction reports.
- Who orders the reports?
- Who receives them?
- Can they be shared between agents?
- Can the Landlord have a copy?
- How do I make sure the Tenant's information is safe?
These are all excellent questions to ask. Unfortunately, there are often too few answers. Or worse, conflicting information. And mistakes, if made, can be very problematic, to say the least.
But don't worry, SoftScreen will make everything totally simple and safe!
We handle it all, seamlessly providing legal compliance, and making sure EVERYONE is covered and EVERYTHING is done the correct way.
- With SoftScreen, Tenants order their own reports
- Reports are delivered directly to Tenants, Agents, and Property Owners
Worries about not being able to share reports are a thing of the past!
- SoftScreen does the job for everyone. Safely, legally, and always making sure the Tenant's information is protected.
Tenants always know who they are sharing their reports with, and agents no longer have to worry about any of the heavy lifting typically associated with rental transactions!
It all starts with an address!
Because Rental Screening requires a Rental Property.
The Listing Agent starts by registering the Rental Property's address... Simple!
(With SoftScreen, even a Tenant's agent can enter the address of a property not yet registered and invite the Listing Agent to receive the Tenant's Reports).
And with our available MLS/IDX import, Brokers can opt-in to automatic entry of every listing their firm takes.
(Broker participating and an Agent account is required)
Reports will just show up. Automatically. Anytime a Tenant provides them!
We'll let you know immediately!
We always send you an email the moment they do!
Go Hands Off!
Want to avoid receiving the report?
Send it to the Property Owner only!
We can do that too! SoftScreen gives Listing Agents the option of having reports go only to the Property Owner.
You can enter the property's address on behalf of your client OR you can ask them to set up the property themselves.
"You've been invited"
SoftScreen invitations can help make Rental Screening happen...
Any Agent can invite Tenants to apply...
Once an address is registered, Agents on both sides of the transaction can invite Tenants to apply with just their email address.
And if an address is not yet registered, any Agent can enter an address, inviting the Listing Agent to receive a Tenant's Report. We call this "Creating a Provisional Listing".
Functionality for Agents on both sides of the deal!
View the Tenant's Reports. Anytime, Anywhere!
Just log in to your SoftScreen dashboard from any device, and click to view available reports.
Reports for every Tenant who has applied. For every one of your rental property listings.
Everything in one organized place.
Letters of Adverse Action - Denial of Tenancy
We've got your back!
What happens if a Tenant isn't suitable based on something in their consumer reports?
The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires a letter of adverse action to be sent to the applicant.
We've got this covered! With a simple click of the mouse, SoftScreen will notify the Tenant.
We help you meet your obligation under the FCRA.
And finally, a very important note to Real Estate Professionals about the FCRA and legal compliance (the serious stuff)
Because the FCRA GOVERNS THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, PRIVACY, AND DISTRIBUTION of the Tenant's consumer reports, SoftScreen must deliver a safe, secure solution for Realtors®.
This is why our goal is to seamlessly provide legal compliance on behalf of all involved.
By delivering report(s) directly and only to those who have a legally permissible purpose for receiving them, SoftScreen protects the Tenant. We making certain their consumer data is shared appropriately, and limited to only those who are permitted to receive it, in accordance with the FCRA.
In this way, all parties are protected; The real estate professional, the Property Owner, and most importantly, the Tenant, who's confidential consumer data is at the heart of it all.
With this in mind, please consider the following:
In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and its Amendments, a Tenant’s Consumer Report, be it Credit, Criminal and/or Eviction, may ONLY be used in accordance with a Permissible Purpose.
For Real Estate Professionals, the Permissible Purpose for using the Tenant’s consumer report(s) is Tenant Screening, also referred to as Rental Screening.
- The ONLY recipient of the report(s) SoftScreen provides can and should be the LISTING AGENT, Property Manager, and/or the Property Owner. The consumer (the Tenant) may also receive their own Reports.
- The LISTING AGENT, Property Manager, and/or the Property Owner are the End User Recipients, those who will use the report(s) for the legally permissible purpose and intended use - a decision on the tenancy.
- An Agent representing a Tenant CANNOT utilize the report(s) to make a decision on tenancy, thus, in accordance with the FCRA, has no valid need, right or legal standing to receive the report(s) from SoftScreen
- As such, a Tenant’s Agent CANNOT be the recipient of the report(s)
- Agents representing a Tenant CANNOT receive the report(s) directly from SoftScreen and then re-distribute the report(s) to any other recipient.
NOTICE: THE FCRA PROVIDES THAT ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY OBTAINS INFORMATION ON A CONSUMER FROM A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES SHALL BE FINED UNDER TITLE 18 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE OR IMPRISONED NOT MORE THAN TWO YEARS, OR BOTH.
SoftScreen - Rental Screening Simplified